- Student Services
- Additional Educational Opportunities
- Counseling Resources
- District English Learner Advisory Committee (DELAC)
- Incoming Freshman
- New Student Registration
- Registering for Classes
- SIS Parent/Student Portal
- Special Education
- Student Support Resources
- Transfer Process and Policies
New Student Registration
Incoming Freshmen from Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham
Incoming class of 2026
All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)
Registration for 2022-23 school year begins January 2022
- Complete Online Registration. Your school assignment will be generated. You can also find out your school assignment by using our Address Street Search.
- Once we have received your online enrollment form, the Registrar at your assigned school will call you to schedule an intake meeting. Please allow 1-2 days to receive that phone call.
Required Registration Documents
- Online registration confirmation printout
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record including Tdap given after 10th birthday
- If you are entering school from outside Santa Clara County, you must fill out the TB Risk Assessment for School Entry Form. For more information about TB, view the TB Information Sheet. For local clinic information, visit the Mayview Community Health Center's website.
- Proof of residency from three sources.
- Transcript from previous school
- Withdrawal form (only applies when a student is transferring to our school during a school year)
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Special Services documentation (e.g. IEP, 504) if applicable
- Students whose home language is not English are required to be tested for placement.
Affidavit of Residence
MVLA offers comprehensive programs and services to students who are identified as English Learners. Upon enrollment in a public school in California, families are asked to complete a Home Language Survey as part of their enrollment process. Students who have a language other than English listed on their home language survey are assessed for their proficiency in English. Based on the results of these assessments, a student will be identified as an English Learner (E.L.) or initial Fluent English Proficient (I.F.E.P.). The English Learner designation will stay with a student until that student is reclassified as fluent English proficient.
If the student is identified as an English Learner, the length of time in the United States and the results of the assessments will determine which English Language Development (ELD) program the student will be placed in.
To find more information on our district's English Learners Services: click HERE
Additionally, parents/guardians of all potential English Learners (ELs) are notified in writing about program options for English Learners. They are also notified regarding their right to visit the program/classes, their right to request a withdrawal from the program, their option to request a waiver, and their right to participate in the school and district English Learner committees.
- Registering Students ~Matriculación de Estudiantes
- Summer Language Testing (ELPAC) ~ Examen de Colocación en inglés
Tuesday, 7:30-11:30am (martes)
Thursday, 11:30am-3:30pm (jueves)