MVLA’s Wellness Centers are a place for students to take a wellness break, learn and practice self-care strategies, participate in workshops that promote well-being, and receive mental health resources.
Students may access the Wellness Centers throughout the school day with permission from staff. The center is supported by a Wellness Center Coordinator dedicated to improving the health, well-being, and academic success of all students.
Features of the Wellness Center include calming spaces, self-led relaxation and self-care activities, wellness workshops, and community-based resources.
Our Wellness Centers are open everyday from 8:30 AM until the End of the School Day, and are closed during brunch and lunch.
General Guidelines for MVLA Wellness Centers:
- Students may visit the Wellness Center for up to 15 minutes
- The Wellness Centers are a “Tech-free Zone”
- Students must Check In / Check Out
- Students who are in class must come with a signed pass from their teacher. Students without a class may drop-in.
- Students choose a self-regulation strategy
- Be in a calm space
- Have some alone time
- Mindfulness activities (art, coloring, fidgets)
- Mindful movement
- Receive Wellness resources
- All students will complete a MVLA Self-Care Plan / MVLA Self-Care Plan (Spanish)