- Staff Resources
- General Information
- Benefits Overview
- Instructional and Technology Support
- Professional Development
- collaborative learning opportunities and innovations that are above and beyond the standard professional preparation required to fulfill teaching assignments
- the fulfillment of District/Board goals and WASC action plans
- impact beyond a single classroom
- strength of the plan for applying or extending the funded learning
- the degree to which funded experiences cannot be obtained in any other manner
- the number of applications submitted
- Curriculum Institute applications must be submitted at least two weeks before the requested event.
- It may take a two-week turnaround time for applications to be reviewed and approved/denied.
- You are encouraged to submit your CI application as soon as possible
- When appropriate, submit CI applications before early bird deadlines
- Submitting a CI application does not mean that the CI is approved. All CIs must be reviewed and approved by Ed Services to be deemed "approved."
- All Team Participants listed on the CI application will be notified via email stating if the request has been approved or denied.
- Information on the next steps for DO pre-payment will be included in the approval emails sent to all participants listed on the application.
- Review the CI Payment Procedure (On-Site) and CI Reimbursement Procedure (Off-Site) linked below.
- Do not fill out a CI application or any CI-related forms if you apply for Professional Growth (incentive pay, horizontal movement, or units) through Personnel.
- If you are seeking a form of payment for attending a conference, event, course, or seminar, please get in touch with Personnel and inquire about Professional Growth/Incentive Pay.
- Please note that CI funds are only used for off-site activities to pay for registrations, membership fees, meals, and eligible travel expenses, as outlined in the CI Reimbursement Guidelines.
- Staff cannot receive both Professional Growth (incentive pay, horizontal movement, or units) AND CI hourly pay (On-Site)/CI reimbursement (Off-Site)
- Contact Amy Vargas if you have questions about units, incentive pay, or the professional growth process.