skip to main content
Incoming Freshmen from Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham

Incoming Freshmen from Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham

Incoming Class of 2027

Current 8th-grade students attending our feeder schools (Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham) are pre-enrolled in the Mountain View Los Altos High School District. High school assignment letters will be mailed before the end of November 2022, to all pre-enrolled families with addresses that belong in the MVLA district boundaries. 
If you have enrolled in middle school after October 2022, you must register through our online registration system. Registration for the 2023-24 school year will open January 2023.
OPEN ENROLLMENT: Students who seek an intra-district transfer to the school other than their neighborhood school must do so by submitting the Open Enrollment Transfer form. Transfer requests are reviewed on a case by case basis and very few slots are available as both schools are close to capacity. Applications will be accepted Dec 1 - 16, 2022. Please note that your student remains enrolled in the high school to which he/she has been assigned UNTIL you receive confirmation that your transfer request has been granted.
Mid-January, a letter regarding setting up a student and parent 'Student Information System' (SIS) account, a student MVLA Google email account and online course selections will be sent to all feeder school parents. 
SAVE THE DATE: Thursday, January 26th, 6:30 to 8pm for our in-person high school information night.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Grace Icasiano
All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)

All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)

Registration for 2023-24 School Year Begins January 2023

  • Complete Online Registration.  Your school assignment will be generated. You can also find out your school assignment by using our Address Street Search.
  • Once we have received your online enrollment form, the Registrar at your assigned school will call you to schedule an intake meeting. Please allow 1-2 days to receive that phone call.
Required Registration Documents

Required Registration Documents

  • Online registration confirmation printout
  • Birth certificate
  • Immunization record including Tdap given after 10th birthday
  • If you are entering school from outside Santa Clara County, you must fill out the TB Risk Assessment for School Entry Form.  For more information about TB, view the TB Information Sheet.  For local clinic information, visit the Mayview Community Health Center's website.  
  • Proof of residency from three sources.
  • Transcript from previous school
  • Withdrawal form (only applies when a student is transferring to our school during a school year)
  • Guardianship documents (if applicable)
  • Special Services documentation (e.g. IEP, 504) if applicable
  • Students whose home language is not English are required to be tested for placement.
For more information and to download this checklist, please click here (English) (Spanish).
Affadavit of Residence

Affadavit of Residence

Students who live with a parent, but reside at a residence that does not belong to the parent, must complete the Affidavit of Residence form (Declaracion de Residencia).  These forms are also available in the Registrar's office at each school site.  Completed forms should be returned to the school's registrar office.
Caregiver Affadavit

Caregiver Affadavit

Students who live with a caregiver within district boundaries must reside full-time, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, including periods of school recess and vacation in the home of a care-giving adult. Proof of residency is required. Please read the second page carefully and follow procedures as indicated on the form. Caregivers must complete the Caregiver Affidavit form (Declaración Jurada del Guardián) and the parent must complete the Authorization of Loco Parentis form (Autorización para actuar en lugar del Padre/Madre).  Applications for caregiver affidavits must be presented to and approved by the Educational Services department at the District Office.