The MVLA Student Advisory Council (MSAC) meets with the Superintendent four to six times per year to advise, provide feedback and present viable solutions on District initiatives and programs. The MSAC also acts as the advisory council to the Student Board Members.
The MVLA Student Advisory Council (MSAC) is made up of students from each high school. The council is led and facilitated by the student members of the MVLAHSD Board of Education Trustees. Representatives from each site will be selected from the student leadership groups, elected student leaders of clubs and members-at-large will be appointed by the superintendent through an application process.
Please note that MVHS and LAHS Associated Student Body Presidents, LAHS Student Community Leaders President, and MVHS Ambassadors leaders, are automatically part of the MSAC and do not need to apply.
- High school students who attend MVLAHSD high schools
- 2.5 or better GPA, preferred
- No failing grades or unsatisfactory marks on the preceding end-of-year report card
- Must be able to balance MSAC and school-related responsibilities
- Must be endorsed by the school principal; please discuss before applying online*
- Must successfully complete the application process, including a personal interview
- Must be able to serve a one-year term
- Experience in a school-based leadership position is desired but not required
- Attend all MSAC meetings – Approximately four to six times per year
- Act as a liaison between the Superintendent, Student Board Members and MVLAHSD students
- Share information with student constituents at the school site
- Maintain a broad understanding of District and school-related issues
- Engage in meaningful dialogue regarding students’ views of the performance and operations of MVLAHSD
PLACE AND TIME
Time: 4:30 - 6:00 pm
Location: Mountain View Los Altos High School District Board Room, 1299 Bryant Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94040
Dates: The newly established council will convene in the late Spring quarter, 2023.