Welcome to the Tutorial Center
A STUDY PLACE
Welcome to the Los Altos High School Tutorial Center!
Funded by the MVLA High School Foundation, the Tutorial Center provides several services to support our students with their academic performance. Students can come to us to get help in all levels of school subjects; or to get prepared for quizzes, tests, and SAT/ACT exams. This is also a great place to do homework and group study in a supervised and nurturing environment where tutors, computers, and other reference materials are available. All of our services are free.
Our team consists of very knowledgeable adult volunteers who are professionals and college/high school students who are excellent in their tutoring subjects. Tutor schedule lists are available at the Tutorial Center.
Please feel free to contact Mrs. Quyen Nguyen, LAHS Tutorial Center Coordinator, for any further information at 650-960-8474 or email@example.com. We are located next to the LAHS library; open Monday through Friday, 8 AM to 4:30 PM. See you there!
When can I use the Tutorial Center?
- During a free period, brunch, lunch, or after school--- Monday through Friday, 8 AM-4:30 PM
- When you need a place to study or get together with your group to work on a project
- When you want help with a subject
Tutors can help you with:
- Understanding concepts
- Completing homework assignments
- Studying for tests
- Reviewing competency test material
- Proofreading written assignments or college essays
- Practicing a language
How do I find a tutor?
- Come in any time during our open hours and let the tutorial coordinator know your need.
- No appointment is necessary. There are tutors in the room throughout the day.
For your Convenience:
- Laptops and printers
- Textbooks, AP/ACT/PSAT/SAT prep books, calculators, office supply
- Dictionaries, encyclopedias, reference materials
VOLUNTEERING IN TUTORIAL CENTER
The Tutorial Center welcomes volunteer help in tutoring our students in all school subjects. LAHS parents are especially appreciated. Bilingual is a plus.
Hours are flexible, any amount of volunteering time is much appreciated and there is no minimum requirement. The work environment is pleasant and nurturing, and the experience is rewarding.