- Students & Parents
Foothill Middle College
A Unique High School Experience
Foothill Middle College is a nontraditional high school program serving juniors and seniors from the Mountain View Los Altos Union High School District and Palo Alto Union School District. The Middle College program targets bright, college-bound students who may not be performing up to their full potential, or students who ready for a change from the traditional high school environment.
The program is housed on the Foothill College campus. By interacting with more mature sudents, and by taking advantage of advanced college level coursework, students with previous attendance and time management challenges often develop responsibility and a sense of self-direction when placed in a different setting.
Middle College represents a collaborative effort between the Mountain View-Los Altos Union High School District and Foothill College; hence, students benefit from the teaching and support services of both institutions. Students have access to all student services provided by Foothill, including college counseling, access to the library, bookstore, health services, and the technology center. Students receive college credit for their college coursework, which may lead to advanced placement at Foothill after high school graduation.
Students enrolled in Middle College are considered to be "on leave" from their home schools and are eligible to receive a diploma from the home school, participate in home school activities and take part in graduation and other senior activities.
What the Program Offers
- A chance to complete high school graduation requirements by taking both community college courses and high school courses on the Foothill College campus.
- A serious and supportive learning environment where students take control of their own education.
- A chance to explore individual interests through a broader range of course offerings.
- The benefits of being part of the small and caring community of Middle College with access to all of the opportunities available at a large and diverse community college.
In order to be accepted to Foothill Middle College, all students must be enrolled in one of the following high schools:
- Henry M. Gunn High School
- Palo Alto High School
- Mountain View High School
- Los Altos High School
- Alta Vista High School
Upcoming Information Sessions
This is a great opportunity to learn more about the program, meet the teachers and talk to current MC students. Join us for one of our online information sessions:
- PAUSD - AM meeting Feb10th 11:05 - 11:40 am zoom link
- PAUSD - PM meeting Feb 10th 3:15 - 3:45 pm zoom link
- MVLA - AM meeting Feb 24th 11:05 - 11:40 am zoom link
- MVLA - PM meeting Feb 24th 3:15 - 3:45 pm zoom link
Mandatory Meeting for All Applicants & Parents
Come to the meeting to find out everything you've ever wanted to know about Middle College. The meeting includes a presentation, student panel, question & answer period, and the opportunity to write an essay.
Wednesday, March 3rd at 6-8pm zoom link
How to Apply
Students interested in attending Middle College must complete and submit the following by March 31, 2021:
- Foothill Middle College Application (complete and submit online)
- Transcript (submit .pdf online; does not have to be an official copy)
- Two recommendations, one from a teacher and one from a counselor (download the Recommendation Form here)
NOTE: Teachers/Counselors can complete the recommendations online
This is your chance to tell us more about yourself. There are no right or wrong answers. We’d like to hear your story.
Please contact Annett Trail (email@example.com) with any questions or concerns.
© Foothill Middle College | 12345 El Monte Road | Los Altos Hills, California 94022 | phone 650.949.7168 | fax 650.917.8665