Grad Night is an ALL NIGHT party for graduating seniors organized by parents that takes place immediately following graduation Friday, June 7, 2019.
It’s a longstanding MVHS tradition that provides a safe, fun and memorable way for students to celebrate with their classmates.
The documents below have more details about Grad Night and include release forms for parents to sign.
If you’d like to help with Grad Night, we would love to have you on the Grad Night Committee!
Please contact us or attend an upcoming meeting.
—Lamar Haggart and Margaret Abe-Koga
Grad Night 2019 Committee Chairs
Immediately following the graduation ceremony on June 7, graduates will attend an all-night party to celebrate their achievement. The location is top secret!
We need parents of non-seniors—and MVHS alumni!—to help while the grads and their families are busy with graduation.
Can you help with any of these jobs?:
- Venue setup. Assist with set up at venue on Friday afternoon; this can be combined with lanyards, bus loading or chaperones (non-senior parents only)
- Snack. Help prep and serve the bus snack
- Parking attendants (at the lot across from field at Truman and Oak). Tickets are pre-sold; attendants will control entry to the parking lot 4:30-6:45 p.m.
- Lanyard distribution at tables in quad. 6:45-9 pm
- Bus loaders. Check in and load students on bus; from 7:15 pm until the last bus leaves at approximately 9 p.m.
- Chaperones. If you’re a night owl, this is the perfect way to see what goes on at grad night. Chaperones are required to ride the bus to and from the event with the students. There will be lots of coffee and plenty of food. At the venue, chaperones will be assigned to monitor areas in rotation.
Sign up on the volunteer sheet: https://goo.gl/96M92q
Be sure to include your name, email and phone!
Note that there will be training sessions for some of the jobs. Check the sign-up sheet for full details.
Questions? Please ask!
Follow us on Instagram #MVHSGrad2019 to win prizes! Like our posts and tag a friend, too!
Winners will be announced every Thursday until June 6. Seniors only. Grad Night registration not required.
Every student registered for Grad Night will also be entered in a drawing for a $50 gift card, winner announced on June 6
June 3, 2019
7:00 PM - 8:00 PM Grad Night Committee Meeting
June 7, 2019
7:00 PM Grad Night!