Services for students in crisis:
If it is an emergency, dial 911 immediately.
Mobile Crisis provides 24/7 suicide crisis response and referrals: 408-379-9085
Crisis Stabilization Unit provides suicide assessment and stabilization: 408-364-4083
During school hours (8:00am - 3:30pm), please see Alba Garza in the Administration building to get help for yourself or a friend at Alta Vista High, or speak to any other adult staff member. During non-school hours, contact one of the support agencies below.
For support via text: TEXT “START” to 741-741
Phone hotline support:
- National Suicide Hotline: 800-784-2433
- Rape Hotline: 408-287-3000 or 650-493-7273
- National Association of Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders: 630-577-1330
- BRAVE hotline for bullied youth: 212-709-3222
- SAFE (self-abuse finally ends): 800-273-8255
- LGBT Youth Hotline: 800-246-7743