Digital Media Teacher
Instructor: Leo Florendo
He was also awarded the 2018 Santa Clara County Texas Instruments Innovations in STEM Teaching Award - Los Altos Town Crier Article | Award Ceremony Video | Video - What's unique about Digital Media Classroom?
Teaching credentials include
- Career Technical Education (CTE) Credential in Arts, Media, and Entertainment
- Single Subject Teaching Credential in Computer Concepts and Applications
- Single Subject Teaching Credential in Introductory Mathematics
- Single Subject Teaching Credential in Science: Physics (Examination)
- Crosscultural, Language and Academic Development (CLAD) Certificate
- No Child Left Behind (NCLB) Qualification in Core Subject: Science
- MA 2003 San Jose State University - Education: Instructional Technology
- BA 1988 UC Santa Cruz - Physics & Math
Prior to becoming a faculty member at this Academy, Leo Florendo was at Los Altos HS from 1997-2006 (9 years) teaching AP Physics, Physics, Geometry, Algebra II, and Pre-Engineering. He was
- WebMaster from 2000-2006
- Science Technoogy Engineering & Math (STEM) Summer Engineering Camp Instructor & Internship Coordinator 2003-2006
- Faculty Advisor to the LAHS Robotics Team 1997-2006
- Site Technology Coordinator 2000-2006
- Drill Writer and Instructor for the LAHS Marching Band 1999-2006
- English conversation teacher in Japan at the Kure YWCA (1993-1996) in a suburb of Hiroshima where he met and married his Japanese wife in 1996 and they now are enjoying life with their 1 child.
- Brass Instructor for Velvet Knights Drum & Bugle Corps, Summer, 1993
- 4 Year Peace Corps Volunteer (1988-1992) in the South Pacific Kingdom of Tonga teacher of Science, Math, English and Music in the 250 student, Grades 6-11 Methodist Church school called Taufa'ahau/Pilolevu College.
- Banana Slug Alumni of Univ. of CA Santa Cruz, Stevenson College (1983-1988)
- Alumni of Santa Clara Vanguard Drum & Bugle Corps as an A-Corps French Horn in 1984 & 1985, Alumni Corps French Horn in 2002, 2004, 2007, 2017, & 2019
- Fencer at UC Santa Cruz- Sabre & Foil
- Class of 1983 Graduate of Redlands High School, Redlands, CA
- PADI Certified Rescue Diver, Deep Diver, and Night Diver
- Born in Philippines
- Has traveled to many US states, Canada, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Bahamas, England, Belgium, Netherlands, Italy, (lived in) Nigeria, Maldives, Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Philippines, Taiwan, Bali, New Zealand, Australia, Korea, (lived in) Japan, Vanuatu, Samoa, Fiji and (lived in) Tonga.
- Speaks English, Japanese, and Tongan