Welcome to Counseling @ MVHS
The MVHS Counseling Department includes six academic counselors, our College and Career Center Coordinator, and our Bilingual Community Liaison. All of us are here to support our students in achieving their goals both during and following high school.
This page includes information about how students and families may get in touch with us, as well as our contact information. Please view our other pages for additional information from our department that may be helpful to students and their families.
Contacting Your Counselor
If you are a STUDENT and want to meet with your counselor, you may do any of the following:
- Drop in: Students may meet with their counselors on a drop-in basis before school, during brunch or lunch, after school, or during their free period. This method is best if you have a quick question or concern.
- Appointments: Students may make an appointment to see their counselor by speaking with Mrs. Johnson, the counseling secretary. This method is best if you think your question or concern might take more time to address. Your counselor will call you in as quickly as possible.
- Email: Sending your counselor an email saves students from missing important class instruction and having to wait in line. Emailing your counselor is a quick and easy way to get answers to your questions and concerns.
If you are a PARENT or GUARDIAN, please use the following guidelines:
- If you have a question about your student's current grade or course content, please contact the teacher directly. You may use the Student Information System (SIS, also called AERIES...see left or top menu) to monitor your student's progress in his or her classes. The counselors do not have additional information regarding specific classes, so teachers will be best equipped to inform and guide you.
- If you have a general question or concern for your student's counselor, the most expedient way to contact him or her is through email. You can also contact your student's counselor through voicemail. Counselors will return phone calls within 24-48 hours. Please keep in mind that if you're calling about a teacher-related issue, we ask that you have communicated with the teacher first.