Incoming Freshmen from Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham
Current 8th grade students attending Blach, Egan, Crittenden and Graham are pre-enrolled in the Mountan View Los Altos High School District. High school assignment letters will be mailed in December 2019 to all pre-enrolled families with addresses that belong in the MVLA district boundaries. If you have enrolled in middle school after October 2019, and have not received a letter, please contact:
Phone: (650) 940-4655
All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)
- Complete Online Registration. Your school assignment will be generated. You can also find out your school assignment by using our Address Street Search.
- Once we have received your online enrollment form, the Registrar at your assigned school will call you to schedule an intake meeting. Please allow 1-2 days to receive that phone call.
Required Registration Documents
- Online registration confirmation printout
- Birth certificate
- Immunization record including Tdap given after 10th birthday
- If you are entering school from outside Santa Clara County, you must fill out the TB Risk Assessment for School Entry Form. For more information about TB, view the TB Information Sheet. For local clinic information, visit the Mayview Community Health Center's website.
- Proof of residency from three sources.
- Transcript from previous school
- Withdrawal form (only applies when a student is transferring to our school during a school year)
- Guardianship documents (if applicable)
- Special Services documentation (e.g. IEP, 504) if applicable
- Students whose home language is not English are required to be tested for placement.
For more information and to download this checklist, please click here.
Affidavit of Residence
Students who live with a parent, but reside at a residence that does not belong to the parent, must complete the Affidavit of Residence form (Declaracion de Residencia). These forms are also available in the Registrar's office at each school site. Completed forms should be returned to the school's registrar office.
Students who live with a caregiver within district boundaries must reside full-time, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, including periods of school recess and vacation in the home of a care-giving adult. Proof of residency is required. Please read the second page carefully and follow procedures as indicated on the form. Caregivers must complete the Caregiver Affidavit form (Declaración Jurada del Guardián) and the parent must complete the Authorization of Loco Parentis form (Autorización para actuar en lugar del Padre/Madre). Applications for caregiver affidavits must be presented to and approved by the Educational Services department at the District Office.
For English Language Learners:
Summer Enrollment ~ Matriculación en Verano
Contact Alma Ruelas for information regarding the following:
Póngase en contacto con Alma Ruelas para obtener información sobre lo siguiente:
- Registering Students ~ matriculación al distrito
- Summer Language Testing (ELPAC) ~ examen de colocación en inglés
Name/Nombre: Alma Ruelas (habla español)
Phone/Teléfono: (650) 940-7475
Email/Correo Electrónico: email@example.com
Location/Lugar: Mountain View High School, Counseling Office
Tuesday, 7:30-11:30am (martes)
Thursday, 11:30am-3:30pm (jueves)
- Friday, 7/5 * (viernes)
Testing dates: 7/24 - 8/9 (by appointment only) exámenes (con cita)
- Parents/Guardians register their student online using our Online Registration system.
- New student registration
- Print two copies of the complete online registration.
- Once online registration is complete and you have all the required documents from the checklist, the Registrar at your assigned school will call you to schedule an intake meeting. Please allow 1-2 days to receive that phone call.
- Once registration is complete, the Registrar will have families contact Alma Ruelas or Noemi Herrera Lugo to schedule testing appointments.
- (650) 940-7475 or Alma.Ruelas@mvla.net
- (650) 940-4644 or Noemi.Herreralugo@mvla.net
- You will be scheduled two appointments:
- An interview appointment -Parent and student must attend a 30 minute appointment. Parents must bring all registration documents from the checklist if they are still pending.
- A testing appointment -Only for the student. This is an untimed test. It can take about 3-5 hours. Students should bring a water bottle and a snack. Testing will be in room 601 and 602 at Mountain View High School.
- Students will take an English test (ELPAC), a Math placement test and write a writing sample in their native language. Spanish speakers will need to take the IPT-3 test in addition to the other tests.
- Interview and testing appointments will be at Mountain View High School
- Mountain View High School: 3535 Truman Avenue, Mountain View, CA 94040
- For more information contact Alma Ruelas at (650) 940-7475 or Noemi Herrera Lugo at (650) 940-4644.