Non-Departmental Course Information Sheets
Coursde Description: Students are all taking courses from different disciplines online. However general learning outcomes include the following.
- Students will become independent learners, with weekly prompting and guidance from the teacher.
- Students will become effective time managers.
- Students will complete the course(s) as either graduation requirements or electives.
Cousre Description: This year-long student-led course offers students the opportunities to develop leadership skills as they develop their academic, social and emotional potential to engage with peers and the broader community in meaningful ways. Students will collaborate with peers, school staff, and community partners to organize and participate in wellness- and diversity-focused activities on campus, service learning projects both on the campus and the larger community around LAHS. This course is a opportunity for students to continue to develop their leadership skills and be involved in their community both on campus and off throughout their high school career. Focus for this course is to:
● Create a campus that promotes and embraces diversity (attendance at Camp Diversity is a requirement either prior to or during the school year of attendance in the course)
● Improve and promote wellness on campus throughout the school year
● Plan and participate in service learning projects in our community
● Develop key leadership skills to be leaders on campus and role models in their community
● Organizing, participating in, and hosting school and community events that contribute to a positive, healthy, and inclusive culture at Los Altos High School and the community beyond.
● Improve public speaking skills