skip to main content

Mountain View Los Altos Union High School District

New Student Registration


MVLA-UHSD is currently experiencing technical issues with access to voicemail, emails and incoming and outgoing calls for many of our staff. We apologize for any inconvenience. For more details, please read the letter (PDF file) sent out by the MVLA District Office.

Update: February 26 - MVLA student email set up is now working. Please use SIS steps 1-3 to set up MVLA email, login to Aeries SIS parent/student acct, and make course selections. Course selection window for incoming 9th graders will close on March 6, 2020.


Incoming Freshmen from Blach, Egan, Crittenden, and Graham

Current 8th grade students attending Blach, Egan, Crittenden and Graham are pre-enrolled in the Mountain View Los Altos High School District. High school assignment letters were mailed the week of December 9, 2019 to all pre-enrolled families with addresses that belong in the MVLA district boundaries. If you have enrolled in middle school after October 2019, you must register through our online registration system.
If you have any questions, please contact :
Grace Icasiano
Phone: (650) 940-4655 (Temporary phone line: 650-618-9311)
All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)

All Other Incoming Students (including students coming from private or charter schools)

  • Complete Online Registration.  Your school assignment will be generated. You can also find out your school assignment by using our Address Street Search.
  • Once we have received your online enrollment form, the Registrar at your assigned school will call you to schedule an intake meeting. Please allow 1-2 days to receive that phone call.
    Required Registration Documents

    Required Registration Documents

    • Online registration confirmation printout
    • Birth certificate
    • Immunization record including Tdap given after 10th birthday
    • If you are entering school from outside Santa Clara County, you must fill out the TB Risk Assessment for School Entry Form.  For more information about TB, view the TB Information Sheet.  For local clinic information, visit the Mayview Community Health Center's website.  
    • Proof of residency from three sources.
    • Transcript from previous school
    • Withdrawal form (only applies when a student is transferring to our school during a school year)
    • Guardianship documents (if applicable)
    • Special Services documentation (e.g. IEP, 504) if applicable
    • Students whose home language is not English are required to be tested for placement.
    For more information and to download this checklist, please click here.
    Affidavit of Residence

    Affidavit of Residence

    Students who live with a parent, but reside at a residence that does not belong to the parent, must complete the Affidavit of Residence form (Declaracion de Residencia).  These forms are also available in the Registrar's office at each school site.  Completed forms should be returned to the school's registrar office.
    Caregiver Affidavit

    Caregiver Affidavit

    Students who live with a caregiver within district boundaries must reside full-time, 7 days a week, 24 hours a day, including periods of school recess and vacation in the home of a care-giving adult. Proof of residency is required. Please read the second page carefully and follow procedures as indicated on the form. Caregivers must complete the Caregiver Affidavit form (Declaración Jurada del Guardián) and the parent must complete the Authorization of Loco Parentis form (Autorización para actuar en lugar del Padre/Madre).  Applications for caregiver affidavits must be presented to and approved by the Educational Services department at the District Office.
    For English Language Learners:

    For English Language Learners: