- Communications & Information
- MVLA Update - September 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 14, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 7, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 31, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 24, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 17. 2020
- MVLA Update - July 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 3, 2020
- MVLA Update - June 27, 2020
MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
MVLA Distance Learning
In our first two weeks, we had a positive start to our year. Our students and teachers continue to be engaged in challenging virtual lessons that immerse students in their content. This was not an easy task as our educators shifted from in person learning last Spring to distance instruction. We appreciate your positive notes and emails to our team during this transition period. We are proud of the hard work that went in to making sure our Fall 2020 reopening provides a robust learning environment.
We recognize that it is not an easy shift and are continuing to improve processes. We are monitoring feedback and have received concerns regarding Wednesday attendance and homework assignments. We are working to ensure students receive credit for work completed and are not penalized during this time. We have already taken actions to improve upon our Wednesday assignments and attendance. If you had an inaccurate absence, your school will be sending a correction. A second area that we are working on includes the streamlining of our learning management systems. Our team continues to work on improving alignment and simplifying processes.
Board of Trustees
The next regular Board of Trustees meeting will be held on September 14, 2020 at 7:00 p.m. Meeting agendas, recordings and minutes may be viewed here. The current meeting agenda can also be accessed on the district homepage by clicking on the Board Agenda button.