- Communications & Information
- MVLA Update - February 5, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 22, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 9, 2021
- MVLA Update - December 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - December 4, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 19, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 17, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 6, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 23, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 9, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 1, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 25, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 14, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 7, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 31, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 24, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 17. 2020
- MVLA Update - July 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 3, 2020
- MVLA Update - June 27, 2020
MVLA Update - November 13, 2020
Board of Trustees Meeting
At their Board of Trustees meeting held on Monday, November 9, 2020, the Board received an update on distance learning. The meeting video may be viewed here, and the presentation can be found at 1:18:39 in.
Standing Against Racism
The Mountain View Los Altos Union High School District (MVLA) is appalled and outraged that two school sites in our partner district - the Mountain View Whisman School District (MVWSD) - were recently defaced with racist expressions of hatred. These acts are reprehensible and made even more so because they occurred at a school – a place of promise, enlightenment, and learning. When something like this happens to any one of us, it negatively impacts all of us. We condemn these acts and stand in alliance with MVWSD and our shared community, and fully endorse and share MVWSD’s call to action in our community to combat racism and inequality.
In partnership and solidarity,
MVLA Board of Education
Sanjay Dave, President
Fiona Walter, Vice President
Community Meetings/Focus Groups/Webinars
As we plan and prepare for returning to in-person learning when it is safe to do so, we have been holding informational meetings to provide ongoing opportunities for feedback regarding our distance learning program and our planning for physical return.
Brown Bag Sessions
MVLA is conducting a series of public forums to share information and receive feedback from students, parents, staff and the community. Our mid-day Brown Bag Sessions are BYOL (bring your own lunch) information sessions on a variety of topics related to the reopening of MVLA campuses. We held our first Brown Bag session today on the topic of facility preparedness. If you missed it, don’t worry! You may view the video on Youtube at your convenience. Register here for any or all of our upcoming sessions:
- Wednesday November 18, 2020-- Student Questions Answered**
- Monday November 30, 2020--Cohorts and Return Models**
- Friday, December 4, 2020 – Athletics & Extracurricular Activities
- Thursday, December 10, 2020 – Reopening Planning Update
- Thursday, December 17, 2020 – Option B Update
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021 – Wellness, Health, and Safety
PTSA Meeting-MVHS and LAHS
We will be holding informational webinars next week. We will hold a session for students Wednesday, November 18th, 2020, at 12 p.m. We will have a parent meeting via our PTSA at MVHS at 5 p.m. Information will be provided regarding logins. We will be holding a webinar via our PTSA at LAHS the week of November 30th.
We held two meetings in the last two weeks on our campuses to discuss distance learning and physical reopening for our spanish speaking community. Thank you to our site leadership and English Learner staff for their planning. We will continue to share information with our bilingual community via our school sites and district meetings. We are planning a future District English Language Committee meeting and it will be held in Spanish. Please be on the lookout for an invitation.
MVLA COVID-19 Dashboard
In order to be share conditions with our staff, families, and the community, MVLA is posting COVID-19 case data to report any confirmed any positive cases of COVID-19 within MVLA. The COVID-19 dashboard presents week-by-week data on cases related to staff and students who are teaching or working in small cohorts on campus, along with contractors and/or vendors doing business on MVLA campuses. The data show results from July 1 to date.
Distance Learning - Option B
This year, MVLA created a new program called "Option B" specifically for students and families during this Covid-19 pandemic. Option B is a semester-long online education program, in which students remain in remote learning independent of whether site high schools return in-person (in whatever format). The program was developed for students and families who are high-risk for health or have schedule difficulties because of changes caused by the pandemic. However, families and students have enrolled in Option B for various other reasons and needs.
Starting in December, we will hold several virtual meetings for students and families who are interested to learn more details and ask questions about Option B. In December, we will also begin the sign-ups for 2nd-semester Option B. Until then, "What is Option B?" and "Option B FAQs" documents provide an overview of the program.