- Communications & Information
- MVLA Update - January 9, 2021
- MVLA Update - December 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - December 4, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 19, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 17, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 6, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 23, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 9, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 1, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 25, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 14, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 7, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 31, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 24, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 17. 2020
- MVLA Update - July 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 3, 2020
- MVLA Update - June 27, 2020
MVLA Update - December 11, 2020
Brown Bag Sessions
MVLA continues its series of public forums to share information and receive feedback from students, parents, staff, and the community. Our mid-day Brown Bag Sessions are BYOL (bring your own lunch) information sessions on a variety of topics related to the reopening of MVLA campuses. Register for these upcoming sessions:
- Tuesday, December 15, 2020 - Special Education & Distance Learning
- Thursday, December 17, 2020 – Option B Update
- Wednesday, January 6, 2021 – Wellness, Health, and Safety
If you missed our earlier sessions, don’t worry! They’re available online and can be viewed at your convenience.
- Facilities and Classroom Preparations
- Student Questions and Answers
- Cohorts and Return Models
- Reopening Planning
- Special webinar for Spanish-speaking families
This year, MVLA created a new program called "Option B" specifically for students and families during this COVID-19 pandemic. Here are some of the key points:
- It is a semester-long online independent study education program, in which students remain in remote learning independent of whether the site high school returns in-person.
- It was developed for students and families who have health conditions or have scheduling difficulties caused by the pandemic. However, families and students have enrolled in Option B for a variety of reasons to meet their needs.
- Option B consists of one hundred percent asynchronous learning in an independent study, self-paced format. Students interested in enrolling in Option B need to have a level of self-discipline and motivation that maintains success working while working in a self-directed manner.
- To enroll in Option B, students must disenroll from classes at their current high school and transfer to the Option B program; Option B does not currently include music classes, Freestyle, journalism/newspaper, AVID, and other classes unique to MVLA schools.
If you are interested, please read through the following documents for further information.
If your child is interested in enrolling in Option B, please read the Master Agreement form. If you and your child feel this is the right program match, you may apply by having a parent/guardian fill out the MVLA Master Agreement Form. We will be in contact with you after submission for next steps.
Board of Trustees Meeting
The next regular Board meeting is scheduled for December 14, 2020, via Zoom, starting at 7 p.m. Our agenda for our Monday meeting can be found here. All meeting agendas, recordings, and minutes are available online.