- Communications & Information
- MVLA Update - February 5, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 22, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 9, 2021
- MVLA Update - December 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - December 4, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 19, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 17, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 6, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 23, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 9, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 1, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 25, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 14, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 7, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 31, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 24, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 17. 2020
- MVLA Update - July 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 3, 2020
- MVLA Update - June 27, 2020
MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
MVLA Distance Learning Framework
We are pleased to release our MVLA Distance Learning Framework document. This is a guide for your reference. Thank you to our MVLA team for their hard work on planning for a successful 2020-2021. You can find it attached here.
New State Guidance
We are continuing to follow the evolving guidance provided by the California Public Health Department as well as the Santa Clara County Health Department in regard to the operation of schools. Recent guidance was sent this week from the California Department of Public Health. This guidance clearly stated that it would not supersede county orders that are currently more restrictive. We are still analyzing this new guidance to determine what this means for MVLA. We will share information as it becomes available. For more information, the guidance document can be found here.
Thank You to Community for Supporting our MVLA Team During the Fires
Special thanks go to our MVLA community who responded strongly to support our staff who were impacted by the area fires. We are currently supporting and keeping in touch with those who have had to evacuate from their homes during an already difficult time. A GoFundMe page that has already far exceeded the request for support, will provide support for lodging and other essentials. Our very generous community responded by volunteering an extra bedroom, creating care packages, and contributing toward family necessities.
Welcome to New Staff
We welcome new staff to MVLA! Please find their names and contact information below:
Heather Morelli, Assistant Principal MVHS, email@example.com
Jon Robell, Assistant Principal MVHS, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rachel Spetman, Computer Support Specialist, email@example.com
Cheryl Hazell-Small, Acting Special Education Director, firstname.lastname@example.org
Board of Trustees
On August 24, 2020, the District held a regular board meeting. Topics discussed included Racial/Social Justice; Fall 2020 Opening of School; Textbooks and Materials Sufficiency; and Developer Fees.
The next regular Board of Trustees meeting will be held on September 14, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. Meeting agendas, recordings and minutes may be viewed here. The current meeting agenda can be accessed on the district homepage by clicking on the Board Agenda icon.
It’s Not Too Late! Please Complete the U.S. Census
If you have not yet completed the 2020 U.S. Census, we encourage you to do so. The Census will determine the allocation of hundreds of billions in federal funding every year, and provide data that will impact communities for the next decade. Let’s make sure our community is counted and doesn’t miss out. Learn more.