- Communications & Information
- MVLA Update - February 5, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 22, 2021
- MVLA Update - January 9, 2021
- MVLA Update - December 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - December 4, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 19, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 17, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - November 6, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 23, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 9, 2020
- MVLA Update - October 1, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 25, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 11, 2020
- MVLA Update - September 5, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 29, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 14, 2020
- MVLA Update - August 7, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 31, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 24, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 17. 2020
- MVLA Update - July 13, 2020
- MVLA Update - July 3, 2020
- MVLA Update - June 27, 2020
MVLA Update - August 21, 2020
Our MVLA community has been hit with the sudden need to evacuate personally and for friends and family members. Our MVLA team has had to evacuate from their homes during an already difficult time. Thank you to the MVLA community who responded to the GoFundMe page that will support staff members who have lost their homes or have had to leave their homes due to the fire. We send support and love to our MVLA team who have been affected and gratitude to those who have helped by volunteering an extra bedroom, creating care packages, and contributing toward family necessities. Please consider donating to our recently created GoFundMe: https://www.gofundme.com/f/mountain-view-los-altos-hsd-teacher-relief
El Camino Hospital Partnership for Testing
The County recommends that workers interacting with the public get tested regularly for COVID-19. Testing is essential to slow the spread of the virus, and to maintaining the health of the community in which we work. Tests are scheduled by appointment, which helps to minimize wait times.
El Camino Health’s Mountain View hospital offers free COVID-19 testing funded by the El Camino Healthcare District for those who live, work or go to school within the District (including most of Mountain View, Los Altos and Los Altos Hills, a large portion of Sunnyvale, and small sections of Cupertino, Santa Clara and Palo Alto).
There is no cost to be tested and tests are for individuals who do not have COVID-19 symptoms (i.e., asymptomatic). A short, half-inch swab is utilized to obtain nasal samples needed for the COVID-19 tests.
Online appointment scheduling closes three days prior to the test date, so please sign up by the end of the day August 29 (for the September 2 test date), and the end of the day September 5 (for the September 9 test date). You may schedule by phone up to one day prior to the test date.
Schedule your no-cost appointment now: https://www.elcaminohealth.org/COVIDTestMVLA
If you prefer to speak with a member of the El Camino Health care team, please call 650-940-7022 and use option 4 to schedule your no-cost test. Please mention Mountain View Los Altos School District as the testing location when calling.
Board of Trustees
We will have a Board meeting on Monday, August 24, 2020, at 7:00 p.m. Topics include an update on the Mountain View High School and Los Altos High School Athletic Field Projects; an update on Fall 2020 Distance Learning; a Public Hearing on Resolution No. 21-8 Textbook and Instructional Materials, and the Board will consider approval of Resolution No. 21-8. You may view the agenda for Monday’s meeting here.