- About MVLA
- Community: Events, Facilities and Construction
- Contact Us
- District Plans & Reports
- ELD Master Plan
- Facilities Master Plans
- Financial Reports
- MVLA Distance Learning Framework
- School Safety Plans
- COVID-19 Safety Plans
- General Information
- MVLA Foundation
Hello MVLA Students and Families,
I want to update you on MVLA information pertaining to the impact of the CoVid 19 health crisis and the Governor's Shelter in Place Order. Our MVLA team is working hard to ensure a smooth transition for students from the classroom to distance learning. Many of you have reached out asking how you can help. We appreciate your contacts and offers of support and are receiving new ideas and creative solutions daily. We are hearing of students who want to tutor others, students who want to help with emergency supplies, as well as community members who have volunteered to tutor and assist where needed. We are humbled but not surprised by the outpouring of support.
We have a few updates for your information:
- Google Classroom/Zoom: Our team will be using the Google Classroom platform as they begin distance learning. More information on Google Classroom can be found here. They are also using the Zoom video conferencing features and through this are able to connect with their teacher and classmates. More on Zoom is available here.
- Board Presentation last Thursday: You will find a copy of our presentation regarding our ongoing efforts here. The meeting was conducted via Zoom and included a broad discussion of our many efforts. Our next board meeting will be held on March 30, 2020, also via Zoom. We will begin Closed Session at 6:00 p.m., and Open Session at 7:00 p.m.
- College Board: The College Board continues to update information on how they will proceed during this crisis. The link to information on the SAT and AP tests can be found here.
- State Testing: As mentioned in prior communication, State-mandated testing has been canceled for the Spring of 2020. This means tests that will not be given this year include the SBAC, Summative ELPAC testing; California High School Proficiency Examination (scheduled for March 21st). High school equivalency testing is on hold until testing centers are reopened.
- Student Challenges: We are hearing that the biggest challenge our students are facing is not internet need or food, it is housing. Some of our families are in jobs that have been greatly impacted including hospitality, transportation, and home care. They are concerned about eviction. Our Governor is apparently working behind the scenes on this issue but no definitive information has come of this to date. More information may be found here.
- Partner District Efforts: Along with our partner districts, we are working to support our local health efforts with supplies. Thank you to those who have reached out with ideas on how MVLA can support these efforts. Keep the good ideas coming!
It is my hope that you are staying well and taking care of those you love.
Nellie Meyer, Ed.D.
MVLA High School District
1299 Bryant Avenue
Mountain View, CA 94040