- About MVLA
- Community: Events, Facilities and Construction
- Contact Us
- District Plans & Reports
- ELD Master Plan
- Facilities Master Plans
- Financial Reports
- MVLA Distance Learning Framework
- School Safety Plans
- COVID-19 Safety Plans
- General Information
- MVLA Foundation
Dear Parents and Community,
We want to inform you of a resource we will be using to continue to keep you aware of our ongoing actions surrounding the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We have created a Coronavirus web page that will contain updates and letters, as well as links to county-wide guidance. We have also been working with the County Office of Education and our surrounding districts to provide guidance and updates.
Within MVLA, we are working with school sites to provide support in the areas of clean sanitized facilities, staff and student education about precautionary measures, and creating accommodations for those returning from international travel who may face quarantine. We are also analyzing future considerations for instruction. Below you will find the actions we are taking to proactively support our students and staff.
- We have increased our available hand sanitizer and disinfectant wipes.
- We will continue to clean classrooms and facilities on a daily basis but will target surfaces such as doorknobs, restrooms and desks.
- We will take proactive cleaning measures including increasing staffing as needed.
- We are sharing precautionary measures such as washing your hands, not touching your face and covering coughs.
- We are using our district website as a reference for health information.
- A graphic guide to proactive measures can be found here: Center for Disease Control (CDC).
- Protocols for returning to school have been developed for a uniform response.
- Students returning from travel will be evaluated and screened on a case by case basis. We recognize that all international travel is subject to concern as planes have passengers from around the world.
- We are continuing to monitor closely those returning from countries with a known higher risk level.
- We have cancelled field trips and are closely monitoring all travel.
We may encounter students and staff who need to be quarantined. We are currently looking at:
Thank you for your understanding and we hope that these resources will be helpful. If you have further questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.